Vatican Basic tour
Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St.Peter’s Basilica
This tour is suggested for a first visit in the Vatican and includes a selection of the best art of the Vatican Museums, a visit in the Sistine Chapel and the Basilica of St. Peter.
if you’ve a special interest in the Vatican history choose the “extensive” tour
Departureat the Vatican Museums main entrance
Dress Codeknees and shoulders must be covered. Bermuda and Capri pants OK, NO shorts
Vatican Museums (Pius Clementinum and Galleries)
St. Peter's Basilica
- the Basilica of St. Peter is a working church, so can close without notice for religious events , funerals, pilgrimages, security reasons. I'm NOT responsible for this issue, but I'll do my best to provide the tour as described. In case of an unplanned closure of the Basilica of St.Peter we'll visit another section of the Museums.
- timing may change depending on your pace and level of interest
- This tour is not available on Wednesdays (there is the Papal Audience in the St.Peter's Plaza) and Sundays, and on Catholic festivities.
- You'll see the Sistine Chapel at the very end of the tour. It's not possible to visit only the Chapel.
- From April to October, the Museum welcomes 30.000 visitors per day. Avoid this tour if you hate crowds