The Forum and Palatine Hill
Private Tour of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
I’m an archaeologist and historian: that’s why the complex of the Roman Forum/Palatine HIll is my favourite part of the city. Here you can enter and enjoy a relaxing morning, strolling around the ruins, and you’ll be happy to avoid the crowd of tourists (mainly interested in the Colosseum).
I’ve spent years digging in the Roman Forum, and now I’d like to share my love and knowledge with you, for a lovely walk accross the area.
I suggest this tour if you want to enjoy this area at 100%, visiting the most important shrines of the Forum and the Palatine Hill. We can add the visit of the House of Augustus or Livia, a rare occasion to admire Ancient Roman frescoes in Rome.
DepartureI'll meet you at the main entrance of the Roman Forum, at the ticket office (Largo della Salara Vecchia)
main entrance of the Roman Forum
- The Colosseum is NOT included in the tour
- Please note that big backpacks, pepper spray and knives are NOT ALLOWED inside the site. (small backpacks and handbags OK)
- Wear comfortably shoes (uneven and dusty floors)
- Bring a bottle of water
- Be aware of the heat (30°C/86°F with high humidity levels in June/July)
- If you have problems in walking for hours or doing steps please let me know at the moment of the booking.
- RAIN POLICY:-This tour is totally outdoor. Tour is provided even in case of light rain since we can use umbrellas and raincoats. In case of heavy showers we can choose together to change the itinerary or to reschedule the tour (if possible).