Imperial Rome Tour
Fullday in the Ancient Rome with an Archaeologist
This Imperial Rome fullday tour is suggested if you’re really interested in History and the remains of the Ancient Rome, with me, Marisa, a qualified tourist guide and specialist in Roman Archaeology.
A day featuring the classic tour of the Roman Forum and the Colosseum and a less famous site easily reachable by foot: we can visit the Baths of Caracalla or the excavations of the Basilica of St. Clemente (Underground Rome).
Immerse in a long journey in Roman History with a passionate guide who’ve spent years studying and digging out the Ancient Rome.
DepartureAt the exit of the "Colosseo" subway station at groundfloor, in front of the monument, (Piazza del Colosseo)
Ancient Rome tour (Colosseum&Forum)
Choice between Underground Rome or Baths of Caracalla
- This is a fullday tour, 7 hours of touring with a lunch break of 1/1.30 hour. I can be your guests or I can set you free and you can spend the lunch break with your family.
- Please note that big backpacks, pepper spray and knives are NOT ALLOWED inside the Colosseum. (small backpacks and handbags OK)
- Wear comfortably shoes (uneven and dusty floors)
- Bring a bottle of water
- Be aware of the heat (30°C/86°F with high humidity levels in June/July)
- This tour is not suggested If you have problems in walking for hours or doing steps.
- RAIN POLICY: This tour is totally outdoor. Tour is provided even in case of light rain since we can use umbrellas and raincoats. In case of heavy showers we can choose together to change the itinerary or to reschedule the tour (if possible).
- Admission tickets are not included.
- Colosseum: I can purchase for you tickets with scheduled entrance time from the official website of the Colosseum. Colosseum tickets are subjected to availability and valid only for the selected date and timeslot. Tickets are not refundable, if you arrive late (30 minutes from the scheduled start) you'll be forced to buy new tickets.
- Please note that I do NOT provide private tours of the underground chambers. The visit must be booked separately, it's a group tour and for its duration (1. 30 h) is not compatible with my tour.