Ancient Rome – basic tour
Private tour of the Colosseum and the Roman Forum
This itinerary is perfect for those seeking for an introduction to Ancient Rome, as first visitors or those searching for a shorter walk.
Guided by a qualified guide who is also an archaeologist, you’ll learn about the Roman History while admiring amazing architectures, using virtual reconstructions and books.
We’ll focus our attention mainly to the Colosseum then a short walk along the Roman Forum, the nearby archaeological site, the hearth of the Ancient Rome.
Once at the Forum you’ll discover the story behind Temple of Vesta, the Arch of Titus, the Temple of Saturn, the House of the Vestal Virgins.
DepartureAt the exit of the "Colosseo" subway station at groundfloor, in front of the monument, (Piazza del Colosseo)
Meeting point (Colosseum subway station)
- This is a basic tour. Palatine Hill is not included.
- Please note that big backpacks, pepper spray and knives are NOT ALLOWED inside the Colosseum. (small backpacks and handbags OK)
- Wear comfortably shoes (uneven and dusty floors)
- Bring a bottle of water
- Be aware of the heat (30°C/86°F with high humidity levels in June/July)
- If you have problems in walking for hours or doing steps please let me know at the moment of the booking.
- RAIN POLICY:-This tour is totally outdoor. Tour is provided even in case of light rain since we can use umbrellas and raincoats. In case of heavy showers we can choose together to change the itinerary or to reschedule the tour (if possible).
- Admission tickets for the Colosseum/Forum are not included. I can purchase for you tickets with scheduled entrance time from the official website of the Colosseum. Colosseum tickets are subjected to availability and valid only for the selected date and timeslot. Tickets are not refundable, if you arrive late (30 minutes from the scheduled start) you'll be forced to buy new tickets.
- Please note that I do NOT provide private tours of the underground chambers. The visit must be booked separately, it's a group tour and for its duration (1. 30 h) is not compatible with my tour.